What do you do when seller does not accept returns

I bought the drum machine for my son. He wanted a drum machine in order to make a drum track on his mixer. Whilst small pad three does work it is not fully functional because it requires the foot pad to ignite the hi-hat and likewise without the pads the bass drum does not function at all. I specifically asked the seller whether foot pads were included with the unit and he replied ‘of course’. Playing drums without hi-hat or bass drum means the unit is not fully operational or able to operate as intended as described in sellers description. It is like playing a piano with several keys missing. I would not have purchased the unit had I not been misled.  How can I complete a Return Request on e bay when the seller says he does not accept returns?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

As long as you received the item less than 30 days ago, if it is 'not as described' the seller has to accept a return.

In your purchased items, click on 'more actions' next to the item you want to return.

Then choose 'return item' from the dropdown menu.

Choose 'item is faulty/not as described' for the reason to return.

This opens a return case through Ebay.  The seller has a few days to send a return label.  If they don't, go back to the case and ask Ebay to step in.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

plum993
Experienced Mentor

If you have not received what was described in the listing then the item can be returned to the seller using a return request for item not as described as the the reason, and they would have to accept the request and provide you with a prepaid return label,refunding you within 3 days of getting the item back.

See here if your within 30 days of the estimated delivery date to be covered, https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/returns-refunds/returning-item?id=4041

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent