Unfair review

My buyers parcel was delivered to her immediate neighbour and a card left for her to that effect. On tracking the item, this was confirmed but as the buyer says she has been unable to retrieve this from her neighbour, eBay have reviewed the case and issued her a refund to my detriment. I feel neither of us of us were to blame but it seems the buyer usually wins! I have lost the item (which was new and tagged) and so far, I am out of pocket too! On speaking to other users this is not uncommon.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Unfair review

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Well, the courier is to blame if they saw fit to leave the package with a neighbour (unless your buyer left instruction for them to do so) and in your shoes I'd be claiming from them. 

I've experienced the same issue as a buyer a couple of times with couriers leaving packages with workmen working at a nearby holiday home or the holidays makers there. I never got my packages back because the workmen had by then disappeared and the holiday makers gone home (with my item, presumably), one item was a new xBox. I ended up issuing not received chargebacks in order to get my money back.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent