Trouble getting a refund

I ordered a car part from a seller, it stated it accepted returns so unsure if it was the right part I ordered it and it arrived.  It wasn't the right part so I requested to return it, they sent the label, I got in touch with parcel force and the post office but as it was a car part neither would return it, so I got in touch with the courier who delivered it, and they said they would come and collect they didn't, I got in touch with the company who said I needed to raise a return I explained I had and they said someone would be in touch, after a couple of days still nothing so again I asked them and they said to raise a return, I contacted eBay to explain and they got in touch with them, and they agreed to come and collect, it states in their return policy they would take any courier fees off the refund, no one showed up, they then opened a case with eBay to say the item hadn't been returned within the two weeks, eBay agreed with them, I appealed but there was no where I could send all the screen shots of my trying to arrange a collection with them.  EBay sided with the seller, since then I have still approached them for collection and they have given me three dates when it will be collected and no one has shown up, I've even taken time off work to ensure I'm here.  Is there any other way  I can try to get my money back. 

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Trouble getting a refund

I am surprised that you could not use Parcelforce to send the part - they do take all car parts apart from a few exclusions (panels, doors, bumpers and bonnets).  I know from working at a Post Office that Parcelforce accept exhausts for example.

If you had one of those excluded parts to return and could not use Parcelforce, you needed to contact Ebay Customer services to ask them to get the seller to send you a label you could use.

As soon as you open a case, the clock is ticking, and you only have about 10 days to get the item sent back.  I don't think Ebay will get involved now as you didn't get the item sent back in time and the case is closed.

Usually, if you receive something that is not what you ordered, or the item is defective, you may be able to get a refund from your payment provider.

However, without being harsh, it seems that you did not do your research thoroughly and ordered the wrong part.

I think your choices now are limited.

You could arrange the courier yourself - if you book and pay, then the contract is with you and you can pursue it if they don't turn up.

Unless it is a large part and on the Parcelforce excluded list, you could return it using Parcelforce.

You could sell it on yourself as a collection only item to recoup at least some of your money.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent