Someone claims they have sent money by pay pal. I do not have paypal.

Hi,

A seller is giving me a refund and claims they have sent it by paypal.  I do not have paypal and Ive tried checking in Account Settings, every menu and sub menu and cannot see any mention of paypal.

I remember many years ago Ebay used to use paypal but I did not and cannot see anything to do with it now.

Are they trying it on ? Im guessing yes as they have messed around from the 1st moment I placed the order.

I need to make sure my house is in order before reporting them.  If its possible to report them to Ebay as a problem user.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

You're right, the seller hasn't sent a refund via PayPal.

What's the refund for?

If it's for an item not received or not as described, have you opened an eBay claim to pursue a refund?

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

What is the refund for?

If you have returned an item through an Ebay case, then the seller has 48 hours after the tracking shows the item has been delivered to them to refund you.

If they don't, then you go back to the case and ask Ebay to step in.

All refunds are processed through Ebay.

The refund will be sent back to your original payment source.

When a seller instigates a refund, Ebay will send you an email to say the refund is on its way.

So, have you got an open return case with Ebay?

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent