Selling

3 buyers offered the price I want on my item, but I'm afraid it could be fraud, as the buyers have no history, and basically used the same phrases, any solution for this?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Selling

plum993
Experienced Mentor

That is an expensive item and will atract scammers,so your under no obligation to accept there offers and you can also block them from bidding/buying by placing them on your blocked bidder 

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Selling

Yes, your item is a scam magnet.   Put their IDs on your blocked bidder list:

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin

When it sells make sure payment is via ebay.   As you're a new seller the money will probably be put on hold which is normal but make sure the notifications are from ebay.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Selling

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

You also need to check that postage option is suitable for item value,

Cheap couriers have low compensation levels.

If it was me I would use Royal mail special delivery. 

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Selling

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

Well, someone has won it now. If it was won by one of your suspicious, no-history buyers, you will have to decide what to do.

Selling a £1,000 macbook will attract criminals. Unfortunately, offering to post by Yodel for £5.21 advertises that you know very little about the risks of selling here.

You can upgrade the postage to RM special delivery at your own expense, but the real danger is that the buyer will fabricate a money back guarantee case. Unless you respond to accept the return and refund them eBay may simply decide the case in the buyer's favour, and probably not even require the buyer to return it. If they do return it, once the tracking record confirms delivery they will be refunded. If they have returned it damaged or even switched it for another one you will have to appeal the case - with absolutely no certainty that eBay will support you. eBay's money back guarantee is unregulated and there is no right to any independent appeal.

If you cancel the sale you would avoid the risks above. However the only reasons for cancellation eBay accepts as valid are that the buyer asked to cancel or there was a problem with their address. Otherwise, eBay will charge you full fees for the sale and place a defect on your account for failing to complete it. Plus the buyer may leave negative feedback.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent