Selling

I'm trying to sell my AirPods however they keep getting taken down every time I list because of 'counterfeit items' even though they are not.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Selling

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

Do not relist them,

if you continue to do so ebay may suspend your account.

Saying counterfeit is bad wording by ebay, some brands, especially Apple will report listings as there are a lot of fake items listed.

Ebay are not interested in any proof you have.

Read VeRo at bottom of page.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Selling

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Then best sell elsewhere because if you keep relisting them your account could be restricted.

Ebay don't authenticate items listed, only remove items that are reported,and anyone can use the report option found on listings

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Selling

The only thing unfair is the way that message is written.  The claim the item is 'not authentic'  is not explaining the true issue here.

High brand items are protected by Vero Regulations and policies.  It was the brand owner, not eBay who asked for the removal of your item. 

There are so many fakes of high brand items and impossible to check authenticty for online items,  even receipts can be faked, I know, my work took me to the Far East for decades , and fake receipts  made there, are impossible to tell from the real deal.

You may well see identical items listed,  the site is massive over 7 billion + listings on at any one time, so not possible to check every listing, and some slip the net and become listed.

Your item has been reported do not relist it,  you would face serious selling restrictions.

You can read about Vero's policies from a link at the bottom of most eBay pages, or here with this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/listing-policies/selling-policies/intellectual-property-vero-pr....

@js_plugz 

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent