Seller sent different item than what was listed

Hi All,

Just checking I'm (hopefully) covered here. Seller listed a limited edition new and sealed Spiderman 2 PS5 console. Package has just arrived and they've sent the standard version PS5 instead, not the LE version. Seller had marked transaction as 'no returns accepted', but I've naturally requested a return stating the issue and attaching photos of what was actually delivered. Ebay have said they'll step in by 1st May if seller doesn't respond - am I likely to be refunded?

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Hopefully , you opened the correct case , that is,  one for item not as described,  those cases,  sellers cannot refuse.

You have received an item not as described,  so you are guaranteed a full refund under eBay's 30 day MBG,  Money Back Guarantee policy,  if you claim within 30 days of the item's last estimated date for delivery.

You then go right of the item in your Purchase History,  and from More Actions select Return this item,  selecting the reason...  Item Not as Described.

The seller has 3 days to accept the case,  if they don't ,  you need to  escalate on day 4,  or within 30 days,  and eBay will step in and force the refund.

If the seller wants the item back first,  they need to pay for a fully tracked return postage.  On receipt of their item they have 48 hours to refund you.  Again,  if they don't,  you escalate the case.

Do not close the case early for any excuse or promise the seller may give,  and do not forget to escalate.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

The seller has to send you a return label and then refund you once they get the item back.

Keep an eye on the case.  You can ask Ebay to step in if you don't get a label promptly.

Make sure you send the item back in the time allowed and don't let the case expire.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Thanks for your reply. I chose 'wrong item sent' - is that going to be a problem?

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Thanks for your reply - I'll be making sure to send it back as soon as they've issued a return label (they've yet to respond to return request), definitely won't let case expire.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Do not wait for the 30 days, escalate case 4 days after opening.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent