Seller says "collection only" and I cannot collect because I'm miles away. How can ebay help.

Seller says "collection only" but I live too far away to collect. Can Ebay arrange delivery and I pay the cost?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Seller says "collection only" and I cannot collect because I'm miles away. How can ebay help.

It's up to the seller, not ebay.   Most sellers who list for collection only do not want to have to package the item, which is necessary if sending it by post.    If the seller does not agree to send it they will have to cancel the transaction, ifyou've bought it.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

I'm sorry eBay is a selling platform and cannot help with any delivery issues.

You can pay and send a courier to collect your item,  but be aware this way,  because you are not viewing the item yourself, you will not have any eBay buyer protection.

You should message the seller they may not wish for a courier to collect the item, as it's usual for a buyer to come themselves and check the item over preferably paying cash too.

Maybe best to ask them to cancel the order for you, again they are not obliged to.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent