Royal Mail non attempted delivery

Hi All

Just a quick question - waited in for a parcel today which, according to RM tracking was due to be delivered today. Nothing has arrived so checked for an update which now shows Unable to Attempt Delivery.  No attempt has been made, definitely no ring of the buzzer (it is working because I've just checked!), the majority of my neighbours are in so it doesn't look as though they have tried that option and no card has been left so no clue where the package will end up. RM are only there until 3pm today so I've sent an email as this has happened time and again. My question is where do I stand if it has disappeared into the wierd and wonderful world of RM? Who knows I may well get an answer as to the whereabouts of the item but I would like to know if this (worst case scenario) should be taken up with the seller (even though it's not their fault as such) or RM going forward as this seems to be a regular occurence now, despite raising it with RM previously. Many thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Ask your seller for the tracking number or the 16 digit number they have on their proof of postage.

With this, enter it into Royal Mail''s Track and Trace online. 

This will show you the attempted delivery atyempt,   and give you instrructions if  the item is now in your Sorting Office to give the instructions,  either to repost to you, or you  can collect from that Sorting office.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

It says Unable to Attempt Delivery.

To me that means RM did NOT attempt Delivery, 

Hopefully they will try again Monday, if not open item not received case.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Thank you so much for replying - if it was a one-off, then fair enough but they have a habit of doing this yet other firms/people seem to manage it! I'm pretty sure they did not even attempt to deliver. It's now showing as available for collection but I think I'm meant to guess from where!!! I'll just go and dust my crystal ball off...thanks RM, way to go! Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Hi, thanks for replying. The tracking number was, thankfully, on the order invoice thing and I did the T and T online and that's when it showed they had supposedly "attempted" to deliver. Just checked again and it is now showing as being ready for collection but doesn't actually say where from - which is helpful!!! They didn't even leave a card so I'll have to phone them to see if I can get any clues. Thanks again for replying.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Update - the message showing it as being available for collection has now disappeared - the plot thickens!!!

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent