Royal Mail 24/48 hour tracked postage

This will be the first time I have used e-bay for postage - I hope.  I have selected Royal Mail 48 hour tracked on e-bay's system when entering the lots for auction.  Does this mean that the postage will be taken out of any proceeds and I don't have to pay for postage separately?  Last time I used Royal Mail 48 it asked me for payment each time so I am confused as to how this works - or am I paying for postage twice?  Any clarification will be much appreciated as I have items to send.  Tja

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

The buyer will pay you for postage and then you will pay Ebay, or Royal Mail if you buy from the RM website.

You don't pay for postage twice.

Ebay deduct their fees (12.8% + 30p on the total the buyer pays you including postage) before they pay you, then you pay for postage from the money they have paid you.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Thank you for your response - now I understand that when my buyer pays £8.39 then e-bay will subtract 12.8% plus 30p and the rest will be paid to me and I have paid separately for postage in advance.  Thanks for the clarification - things have changed since I last used e-bay, some time ago.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

You don't have to use ebay postage. 

You can buy direct from PO. 

Which ever way you go, you use money buyer paid you to pay for it.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent