Return request & postage refund

Hi, buyer bought shirt listed in women's section, described as women's in description, measurements in description. He's a man and it doesn't fit him - said he didn't realise it was women's. My ad states no returns.

He's very politely said he would like to return and have a refund.  

if he does, it looks as though I will end up paying the postage to him & he selected special delivery so it was high! 

does anyone know if I can deduct an amount for postage? Seems unfair I will be out of pocket for being a good ebayer and accepting the return.
thanks

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

plum993
Experienced Mentor

A private seller doesn't have to accept a return request for item doesn't fit,or change of mind,and if you do, then the buyer pays the return costs not you.

Only if they choose not as described do you have to accept, and refund in full once you have supplied a prepaid return label for them.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

does anyone know if I can deduct an amount for postage?

All refunds made through eBay have to be for the full amount paid, with no deductions.

However, if correctly refunded through eBay you will at least receive a return of your final value fee, which will be credited to your account.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Personally, I would equally politely inform the buyer that you don't accept returns when it is a change of mind.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent