Return postage label issue

Hello everyone, I am having a nightmare this week. I received 1 book from a seller who has agreed to accept the book back as not as described, ebays automated label weight is too low I have therefore asked the seller for a correct label they have asked me to send them my email address and they will send it to me outside of the ebay automated service, am I correct in thinking this is not okay to do? This will leave my return left open and not sent back.

Issue 2 is very similar different seller same issue however I did not notice the weight was not sufficient the book has been returned back to me via Royal Mail I am not very worried what the will show as not arrived at the seller but me in error! I have emailed the seller again to ask for another label to be sent to me with the correct postage, are sellers able to do this via the returns process so as not to confuse matters? Or do I need to ask Ebay to this this?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

It is really up to you to know what the correct postage on any returned item should be, and if the standard label is incorrect to contact ebay for the correct label.

The return labels produced are standard, and will not cover all items, so you must weigh and measure to check label is suitable.

Again it is necessary when marking as returned to add the correct tracking.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

It is up to the seller to ensure the correct weight is listed when listing the item as this is what Ebay uses to generate the correct label. The returns are automated I have no control over marking as sent this is done by Ebay when passed to the post office nor can I amend the tracking number.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Standard ebay returns postage label is RM upto 2 kg.

Seller has no control over this.

If item heavier, you contact eBay to get different label.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent