Return of fake item

I brought a Amazon firestick which turned out to be fake, I did all that I was asked to do by eBay in a phone call .. report item , request refund, request non return of item for refund due to not being able to delete my personal data when trying to set up the stick, seller will not respond ... eBay now say they won't do anything!!!!.. help

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Return of fake item

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

you need to open a not as described case and escalate it to eBay after 3 full days -

https://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk/

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Return of fake item

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

help

It's hard to help with so little information.

We don't know when or how you paid for this item, or whether you followed eBay's time limits and procedures in bringing this case. If you didn't, this is one reason why it failed.

If you refused to return the item when asked to do so, this may be another reason. Or it may be a combination of both, if you just dug your heels in over the return and the case timed out.

According to how you paid, PayPal or your credit or debit card issuer may be able to help. You are sure to be required to return the item - but this may be waived if you can provide evidence that it is fake. Concern about your personal data having been entered is unlikely to be accepted as a reason for not returning it.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Return of fake item

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

You need to open an eBay not as described return and return the item if you want a refund, eBay are not going to simply accept your word that the firestick is a fake one unless other buyers have complained. 

It's easy enough to deregister it and remove your details, there are numerous sites on Google and YouTube tutorials too, as well as Amazon's forum:

https://uk.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D56Q00009cj1mbSAA/delete-account-details-on-a-fire-tv-stick

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent