Removal of Vitriolic feedback denied by eBay

I recently sold a video light which the buyer informed me that he had to pay £7 because the parcel didn't have a post office pre-paid label on it yet I have two proof of postings slips when I sent it.  I mentioned that I had a similar experience when another buyer said exactly the same.  She sent me three pictures of the packaging but refused to send me the wrappings as she couldn't be bothered.  A week later she willingly accepted the item and the surplus charge and we settled amicably. 

Despite me being courteous and polite at all times to the video light buyer I suggested that he sent me the heavy duty plastic packaging and I would refund him the £7 plus the cost of the stamp which he wouldn't do until I had refunded his money.   This was for the post office to check any tampering.  I had about a months hassle trying to access my eBay account - speaking to five 'agents' who weren't to familiar with the English language but by that time the buyer had given me an unintelligible raving mad full of vitriol feedback in capital letters.  I had contacted eBay beforehand and described our conversation but they said that eBay guidelines haven't been broken.  How can they say that when my impeccable feedback has been destroyed by this lunatic. Are there any guidelines to making an appeal.  My son stopped selling on eBay a year ago - his impeccable feedback was destroyed by another suspect buyer.  I am thinking of doing the same.       

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Removal of Vitriolic feedback denied by eBay

You are too late to get the feedback removed as it is over a month old.

You could leave a brief, measured, apologetic response putting your side.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent