Postal limit on cd

I am trying to list a CD boxset and charge Royal Mail cost for small parcel of £3.69 but eBay say 'max post for this category is £3.50'

How can they do this when Royal Mail sizes deeper than 25mm are classed as parcel and cost is £3.69?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Postal limit on cd

It's to stop postal gouging which used to happen a lot,  so if your items involve a higher postage cost,  there are two ways now,  how to proceed.

Either,  use the full cap and add the difference to the starting price of the item.

Or,  offer ' Free Postage' and add the full cost of postage to the starting price.

Either way,  you are then not out of pocket.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Postal limit on cd

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Most sellers in that category list with free 3 day postage,so add any costs to the item

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Postal limit on cd

To add to the excellent advise above, this issue was also raised a few weeks back on the weekly chat, and Dave or Marco were going to look in to this,

dave@ebay  is there any progress here, as obviously postal rates with Royal Mail do not now cover the cap, and an extra 20p or so needs to be added to the cap to ensure sellers aren't loosing out.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Postal limit on cd

Hi @tommystrezures 

This one has come up a couple of times alright. 

Its been passed back to shipping but unfortunately I don't have any more info on whats happening with the suggestion or if there's plans to change it. 

I've a meeting with the shipping team later in the week, I'll run it past them again and see if I can get more info.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent