Option to 'promote listing' has disappeared

Until a few weeks ago, if an item didn't sell and I chose to relist it, I had the option to 'promote listing'. This option has disappeared.

I am a private seller. I have tried on both the app and on my computer and it's not available on either. On the computer in the 'Promoted Listings' column, it states beside each listing 'Standard: not eligible'.

I am aware that eBay did make changes to the 'promote listing' option... but have they done away with the 'standard' option? I see no other option available to promote my items with an alternative method.

Anyone know how to rectify this?

I used to be able to get through to an eBay representative on the phone... but this option seems to have gone too. The automated assistant is useless.

Thanks, Clark.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Option to 'promote listing' has disappeared

We have no access to your account so cannot see your seller dashboard, but you can,  so does this give you any clues?  If you have fallen below standard for selling,  you cannot promote your items.

If you feel all is OK there,  and it certainly looks like there is regular selling activity, and your star ratings look good, so nothing glaringly obvious for us to see here.

Perhaps contact eBay Customer Services,  they do have access to your account, and can perhaps explain this issue.

To Contact Customer Services it's a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back. Click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On the left sidebar you can see Have us Call you or Chat with Our Automated Assistant.

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 .m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

@big_clarky 

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent