Non collection

I sold an item listed as collect only, a buyer paid right away didn't even make an offer just bought it. The buyer told me, there are currently in hospital and as soon as there out, they will collect there item. Then messaged me there out now but still haven't collected. I smell, a fabrication of lies so instead of cancelling their own item they just leave this to build up knowing they have payment protection ect. Either way, there is no request for a refund, the seller hasn't replied to a single in over 4 weeks. The buyer won't collect. Someone tell me how this is normal, where is my protection 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Non collection

You have the item and you have the payment - I don't really see where 'seller protection' comes into it.

If more than 4 weeks have passed, the buyer won't even be able to open an 'item not received' case.

Personally, even though your messages are being ignored, I would send one more message.  Give the buyer a few more days to arrange collection and collect and say that if they can't collect by (choose a date) you will cancel the sale and refund them.

Then you can return their payment and relist the item.

Also, if you look in 'order details' you will probably have their phone number.  Send them a text.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Non collection

No number, no messages. He has a negative feedback from someone he bought from it reads. Likes to mess, you around click buy it now paid but didn't collect, ignores your messages ghosts you. Basically, this guy bought from me he asked for delivery but the item in question is massive and heavy hence collection only in my listing in bold ect. He kept asking for delivery and I said simple no thank you collect only. Since then he blanked me. His item is in my house taking up space, he's no replying at all gone. Yes I got paid yes I've spent it, I have almost next to no incoming, what money I make goes to my children they come first for me now this guy won't collect his item and I will be looking at £250 refund when I don't have it, it will take me 6 months to find that kind of money. How can they get away with buying something and never collecting it, and again he's got bad feedback from other sellers on his page clearly saying he's a time waster then buyers be warned!. I just want him to come and get him *bleep* he bought 

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent