Listing for 14500 batteries removed

I have been selling 14500 rechargeable batteries on Ebay for years but have just had the listing removed and sent the following message.

What activity didn't follow the policy

Due to product safety concerns, the sale of 18650 and 21700 batteries or battery cells being sold individually are not permitted on eBay unless they are built into a product or accessory and can't be removed or directly handled.

My batteries were 14500 and not 18650 or 21700 batteries and there is no problem with them or subject to a recall.

I am now getting hundreds of messages from past buyers wanting a refund because Ebay has contacted them telling them to stop using the batteries immediately as they are unsafe.

What evidence does Ebay have to say the batteries I have been selling are unsafe ?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Ebay only go on what there told and informed by manufacturers regards product safety issues and recalls.and will withdrawa items when this happens

You can always contact the manufacturers themselves for clarity.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

You asked this question yesterday but nobody in the forum can really answer for Ebay.

This is a member to member forum and we are just other members like you.

So, nobody in this forum knows what evidence Ebay has.

Good suggestuon from @plum993 to contact the manufacturer.

If you can find evidence that there is  not an issue, then you should contact Ebay Customer Services to discuss this issue with them.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent