Items that i sold not delivered

I have sold 10 items on my first listing, and it has been around 2 weeks since the first item was sold and dispatched. The problem is none of them have been delivered apart from one. I'm not sure whether this is an issue with the app or the postage service, but it's quite annoying for both me and the buyers, and the money has also been on hold all this time.

Any ideas on what's happening?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The postage service you use, standard letter post with Royal Mail, does not offer proof of delivery.

On Ebay, those items will never show as delivered.

I always assume buyers have received their items unless they contact me.

You are a new seller so Ebay may hold your payments for 21 days or more.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Have all the buyers said the items have not arrived or are you just going by the tracking?    The tracking doesn't always update on ebay even though the items have arrived.  It's best not to contact buyers about this but assume all is well unless you hear otherwise.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

I take it this was the ten microworms to culture for fish food?

You sent these by 2nd class post, so have you checked Royal Mail's track and trace web site? What does this say about the delivery status?

I have no idea whether microworms can be sent through the post. If nine out of ten haven't been delivered, have you checked whether they're allowed?

Incidentally, have you thought about the cost of eBay's fees? At £1.15 plus 85p postage, eBay's fees will be about 55p. That's very nearly half the selling price! With eBay charging fees on postage as well as the item, it's often just not worth the trouble of selling such low priced items. Could you scale it up at all to sell larger packs of microworms at a higher price, so that the postage isn't such a high proportion of the total price?

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

I'm going by both the tracking and the on-hold money. I doubt that ebay hasn't updated it for 2 weeks though, so i think it may be due to restrictions on post like the other reply suggested.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

The postage service you use, standard letter post with Royal Mail, does not offer proof of delivery.

On Ebay, those items will never show as delivered.

I always assume buyers have received their items unless they contact me.

You are a new seller so Ebay may hold your payments for 21 days or more.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

I checked the royal mail track and trace with the tracking numbers on multiple of the items, but it said that tracking cant be provided for the item.

Also, how would i check whether microworms are allowed or not because i agree that it may be the issue.

I will consider the pricing as well, but the reason i started with a low price was because i was selling for the first time and wanted to see what worked. I based the price on the seller i bought the microworms from, whose price was roughly £2.10 including postage (using the same postage I'm using now).

Thanks for your help

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

I recieved a payment for one of the items though so I'm not sure what is happening with the rest.

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent