Item was not sold (one bid only, then retracted) but Ebay marked it Sold and now is charging me fees

I did not sell the item (a keyboard) and therefore did not receive any proceeds from Ebay or anyone else; there was one bid but it was retracted - but Ebay has marked it 'Sold' and is now charging me fees 

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Item was not sold (one bid only, then retracted) but Ebay marked it Sold and now is charging me fees

That is correct,  eBay fees are charged the second the item gets sold,  and not when the buyer pays you.

eBay allow a buyer 4 business working days to pay you, they also send the buyer a reminder after 48 hours to pay.

Then, if there is still no payment when this time lapses, proceed this way.

On My eBay Selling go right of the item sold and from More Actions select Cancel this Order selecting the reason .... Buyer Has Not Paid.

If you are on the Seller Hub, go to your Payments tab near the top of your eBay homepage, from there select All transactions. Click on the highlighted item number go far right and from the big blue button down menu there, select Cancel this Order as above.

This gives the buyer an unpaid item strike, they are only allowed one.

If they keep gaining these strikes, eBay will remove them permanently, from their site.

Cases are very effective.

@pehol_4271 

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Can you confirm that the buyer formally retracted their bid while the item still had more than 12 hours to go?   If they were the only bidder I can't see how it should be marked as sold on that basis.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Is this the keyboard you had for sale in January?

Looking at the bidding history, there were two bidders, one with 48 feedback who retracted their bid and then another bidder with 57 feedback who bid almost at the last second.

What happened to that bidder?

Did they cancel the sale as they did not retract their bid?

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

If as jckl1957 says there was  a winning bidder, even if they did not pay, it is now far too late to cancel  for non payment and selling fee is still payable.

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Thanks, Tressygirl. Very helpful reply. Irritating situation but helpful reply. 

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

adding to the advice already given -

If you are lucky the buyer might not know the rules regarding sellers leaving false positives.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent