Item returned

I have tried to get in contact with ebay but it has proved difficult. Hope someone can help. A buyer bought an item and the courier tried to deliver it 3 times - it has now been sent back to me. The buyer still wants the item so do I refund the buyer and relist (which means I lose transaction fees) or can the buyer pay for a different postage company - if so, how would this work?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Item returned

Refunding the buyer using reason "problem with address" then you are only charged for the refund what you received, ebay make up the difference by refunding the selling fee, so you lose nothing except time.

Selling to this buyer again, who can say, you may have a repeat of the non delivery all over again.

There is no way through ebay for buyer to pay for a different delivery service, it would have to be paid by paypal, bank transfer or cheque.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Item returned

You should proceed this way:

Cancel the order citing problem with buyer's address this refunds your seller fees and your seller performance is not affected.

You can then relist the item.

You can message the buyer the item is relisted and they can buy again from the eBay listing.

Alternatively,  if you think this is a problem sale and it could happen again,  refund the buyer as above,   and place them on your blocked buyer's list here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Item returned

Hi

Just gone to the refund option but 'problem with buyers address' was not an option.

These were my options

Select a reason for refund
Seller cancelled/Out of stock
Buyer cancelled
Item not received
Buyer return
Item not as described
Other adjustment
Postage discount
Which one should I use? There is nowhere to add reasons or extra infomation
Thanks again 
Lisa
Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Item returned

Oh strange!  Problem with Buyer's Address should be there!

Which device are you using ?  If the app or mobile browser,  the options can be limited there, switch to a PC / laptop and use Chrome  or Firefox,   and try from there.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Item returned

Hi

I'm on a PC and using chrome but still only have the above options. Which one should I use?

THanks

Lisa

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent