Item not received

I've sold an item which has been shipped from England to Northern Ireland. Customer says he's not recieved and wants his money back.

I've provided the tracking number. Shows on Royal Mail website that Royal Mail have the package. Looks like it's not moved in the 2 weeks since I sent it.

so I'm thinking I'll have to refund the customer, and he'll probably receive the parcel eventually... leaving me completely out of pocket ?? 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Item not received

On Royal Mail's Track and Trace online,  does the tracking explain where and why the item is being held?  If in the buyer's local sorting office then the buyer needs to go there to collect it,  or to inform RM to redeliver at their requested date.

Even if attempted delivery has been made,  so it's essential to have correct information from that tracking then you will not have to refund.

If you are seeing something like.....  ' we will update you when delivery is made'  cannot remember the exact wording then you will need to refund the buyer.

If the item arrives later,  nothing can be done through eBay as the case closed with the refund,  and you rely on the buyer's honesty to repay you.  Most people are honest and would not want an item for nothing.

It's happend a few times to me in the past and the buyer was always happy to repay me.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Item not received

After two weeks, it is unlikely that the item will be delivered.

Make sure your buyer opens a case and then refund through Ebay.

You won't be completely out of pocket as you can claim for the postage cost and the value of the contents from Royal Mail - as long as you used an appropriate service for the item sent.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent