Is this a scam?

i have purchased this item and seller wants me to collect, but pay first via paypal! i want to avoid and scams and problems before it starts, the item is quite alot of money so want to be careful....his message to me is below, never seen or heard of this before? 

Righto, this is how this works you make the purchase, the money goes on hold until you give me the unique number code to the sale when you come to collect the drone. once I have the unique number the money is released to myself and your free to take the drone. if you do not give me the number I don't get paid and you get your money back. so basically you will not get scammed. My address will be given once the purchase transaction has taken place. not before. I will unbound the drone first thing tomorrow. I realize that it can be unnerving with these types of transactions because of scammers etc. All I can do is follow eBay's guidelines & the rest is up to yourself. also it's not a problem to cancel the sale if your having second thoughts as it's totally fine. Like I have stated cash really is no good to me.
Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Is this a scam?

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

SCAM!

You don't pay to sellers paypal, you pay via ebay checkout.

But avoid this seller or you will lose the money & have no item.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Is this a scam?

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Let your seller know that eBay requires buyers to make payment via eBay checkout, and that payments can't be sent direct via PayPal.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent