Impatient and harrasing Buyer opens INR case just hours after purchase and before l post the item.

I am very upset. Sold an item to somebody who sent several messages trying to get a cheaper price unsuccessfully. Inmediatelly after hi bought it l received more than 20 "panicking" messages asking me if l had already posted the item, how, where, when, if l forgot, confirm postage, drop a message...... 

I wrote back letting  him know that l would provide tracking number whenever l drop the item ,(Evri) which l did in less than 24 h since  purchase.  Surprise !  He opened an INR case before l could post the item !!  I also sent him a picture of the Evri Customer Drop Off  receipt that shows date, time and of course tracking number. Buyer insists that it isn't  proof of shipping and for that reason he opened the case. As seller l think l did what l was supposed to do. Does anyvody know how to sort this out ? Evri got his money, the buyer will get his item and my money  held....so unfair. Many thanks.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Impatient and harrasing Buyer opens INR case just hours after purchase and before l post the item.

They were able to open a case,  but they will not be able to escalate it until one day after the item's last estimated date for delivery.

Enter the tracking number where you marked the item as dispatched and hopefully Evri will deliver on time,  that is,  before that last estimated date for delivery,  then the case will close in your favour.

Personally,  I would also block this buyer in case they wished to return and cause more grief.

Block the bidder here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

This does not seem to make sense as a buyer cannot open a "non receipt" case until after the date for latest delivery predicted by eBay.

I'm afraid that I would have cancelled the sale at the first contact from buyer!  The system is - as you know, no doubt - you list it, he buys at that price, he pays that price and you send it off.  Happiness all round.  Block him!  @lacotuelo 

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent