I've sold an item and the buyer has paid but Ebay are holding funds.

Will the funds clear when I add tracking information?

I'm worried that once I send the item the seller can cancel the payment or something. 
When will Ebay release funds. It actually says it should have done it yesterday. 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Ebay do hold funds especially for new or returning sellers as a safety feature for sellers and buyer,but tracking can mean it can be released earlier than the 21 days they say.https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold-managed...

That is a very expensive watch,and the buyer has buyer protection they can use if the watch arrives damaged,lost,or not as described etc,but most sales go through fine.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

I'm worried that once I send the item the seller can cancel the payment or something

eBay will notify you when the buyer has paid them, at which point you are expected to dispatch the item.

Actually "receiving" the buyer's cleared payment, whether by eBay or after eBy has passed it on to you (less fees) is irrelevant. Depending upon how they paid, there are multiple procedures that dishonest buyers can falsely use to claim a refund, weeks or even months after payment. The 30 day period of eBay's money back guarantee is probably the most risky, as eBay decides cases without even seeing the item and generally takes the buyer's word for faults. The best the seller can hope for is to get their item back in the condition sold - or even the same item.

Keep your fingers crossed, and don't hesitate to ask here again in case of any problem. Be sure to keep all transaction records including your postal receipt and tracking number for at least six months, and preferably a year.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Thank you very much for your reply. I have just video recorded the condition of the watch and filmed while I was packaging it and will also do take to.post office this morning special delivery, insured and tracking so hopefully all will be well 🤞

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Goodness!  That's the sort of thing I worry about. 

Well I've got to get on with it now and just how for the best. 

Thank you for taking time to reply. 

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent