I've issued a refund to a buyer but ebay haven't paid it. I can't contact them to ask why.

I've initiated a refund to a buyer but ebay haven't issued it yet. Im unable to contact them.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

I've issued a refund to a buyer but ebay haven't paid it. I can't contact them to ask why.

How have you made this refund?  It should only be de made through a case the buyer opens,  or a cancellation request you've sent,  which has been accepted.

Has eBay sent a message that this has been completed and refund made?  Then,  all is well.

If the buyer is messaging you to say they haven't received their refund,  explain it goes back to original payment source,  and is not always instant.  If they paid with a credit card,  it can take up to 30 days to appear in that card account.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

redwick1
Experienced Mentor

If you issued the refund then you should have received notice that you had done that. It should show on the item in your Sold section or under Ebay help at the top of the page

The buyer should have received notice that it had been made.

If that is the case then it can take a while to get back to the buyer

If a debit card a few days but if a credit card it can be as long as 30 days.

www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

Weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.
Weekends they open between 9 a.m. aand 6 p.m.

We are just ordinary members trying to help.
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent