I received negative feedback as i was in intensive care in hospital ( obviously unplanned)

Whilst in intensive care in hospital  ( obviously not planned ) I had a sale and was clearly not in a position to post the purchase. I got negative feedback " Avoid avoid avoid " I've always had 100 percent feedback . I've appealed to eBay but they've  declined to remove it  ! Contacted buyer who was very understanding, thought she might think it a likely story . She is prepared to remove the feedback but neither of us can work out how to do it. 

Buyer seems to think that I need to make a request for the removal to her but being a numpty am clueless. Suggestions please

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

I received negative feedback as i was in intensive care in hospital ( obviously unplanned)

You may need a PC / laptop and use Chrome or Firefox they work best with eBay.

Go to your Feedback page,  then the ' Send Feedback Revision'  is either to the right of the feedback received,  or scroll to the bottom of the page the link may be there.

Send the buyer a message that the revision is being sent could they kindly complete it on receipt.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

plum993
Experienced Mentor

If the feedback left is less than 30 days pold you can send the buyer a feedback revision request using this link for them to change it,Replying to Feedback you received for an item you sold | eBay

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

unfortunately the neg is too old to revise, even though it breaks eBay rules.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

You are too late to get the negative removed.

The buyer or you could add a comment to the effect that you were ill and unable to send the item.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Thank you. I was in hospital for 6 weeks with no wi fi so I've missed the 30 day deadline

Could I include in my description of newly listed items the reason for the negative feedback  ? Maybe the ebay police won't allow it.

Thanks again 

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

As the feedback will slowly go down to page out of site for the most part,not a good idea to add it to new listings as you would be advertising the Neg to new potential buyers 😉 so leave things as they are as it will go in 12 months time

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent