I have recently purchased a gazebo heavy duty in white

The gazebo itself is ok but 1 of the side panels is really badly unsightly marked especially with it being white. I have contacted the seller and i have had a reply offering a £15 discount. This i have refused to except requesting a replacement side panel instead but now the seller is not replying to my responce

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

As the seller is not being helpful now,  proceed this way :

You have received an item not as described,  so you are guaranteed a full refund under eBay's 30 day MBG,  Money Back Guarantee policy,  if you claim within 30 days of the item's last estimated date for delivery.

You then go right of the item in your Purchase History,  and from More Actions select Return this item,  selecting the reason...  Item Not as Described.

The seller has 3 days to accept the case,  if they don't ,  you need to  escalate on day 4,  or within 30 days,  and eBay will step in and force the refund.

If the seller wants the item back first,  they need to pay for a fully tracked return postage.  On receipt of their item they have 48 hours to refund you.  Again,  if they don't,  you escalate the case.

Do not close the case early for any excuse or promise the seller may give,  and do not forget to escalate.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

The seller does not have to agree to what you have asked for.

As advised, open a return case.  The seller will have to arrange for the return of the gazebo and then refund you or they will have to replace it completely.

You have to open a return case within 30 days of receipt so don't run out of time waiting for a response from the seller.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

When asking questions it would help to tell us when and how you paid, and when the item was delivered. Your rights depend upon this.

Did you look at eBay's money back guarantee before posting here? The time taken to assemble the Gazebo and negotiate with the seller may already have eaten into the 30 day time limit to open a case. If you miss this deadline by even a day eBay will not get involved.

eBay's money back guarantee: https://pages.ebay.co.uk/ebay-money-back-guarantee/.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent