Global Shipping - Price restrictions

Hi Folks!

I recently listed a vintage computer as an auction with a 99p starting price. I offerred domstic shipping and international shipping via the GSP only. Listing ran the course for 10 days and the listing ended at £5158. The winner is based in Italy but he was unable to complete check out due to a message stating that the item was too expensive. After a lot of conversations with Ebay support, it was determined that the problem was that the GSP had a limit of £5k for items going from the UK to Italy. I was promissed that relisting with a buy it now of £4999, the buyer wouldn't have an issue.

So, I re-listed. GSP enabled and now the buyer is unable to purchase as Italy is not on the list of countries supported by the GSP in the listing. Spoke to Ebay support and was advised that is is a temport customs restriction for listings in the category. Great! 😞

As a test, I relisted as an auction just like the first attempt. Italy is now on the list! So, I don't know what to do next. Can't seem to get a straight answer. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Dave

PS. I have offerred alternative shipping to the buyer but he is keen to stick to the GSP.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

You appear to have sold, this item twice for 99p so may get some bad feedback there as well as ebay defects.

Some of the listings have shipping to Italy and others do not, and also reference to Global shipping.

It seems to me that you have two different listings, and relisting just repeats the omissions.

It seems to me that it is up to you to add Italy as a Country you ship to. If Italy was on either of the two 99p listings you should have edited that listing once live.

Do you really think Economy shipping/posting is a good idea for something worth £5000, if lost or damaged, any claim would not be settled in full.

I see your TEST LISTING which seems to have what you need. If there is a maximum allowed for Italy possible it is the total of sale price plus postage.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

This is what it says in the GSP instructions and max for Italy is £5000 excluding postage -

Item price can be up to £5,000 if sold to buyers in:

• Australia
  • Austria
  • Bahrain
  • Belgium
  • Brunei
  • Bulgaria
  • China
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland 
  • France
  • Germany
  • Gibraltar
  • Greece
  • Guernsey
  • Hong Kong
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Indonesia
  • Ireland
  • Israel
  • Italy
  • Jersey
  • Jordan
  • Kuwait
  • Lithuania 
  • Luxembourg
  • Malaysia
  • Malta
  • Monaco
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Oman
  • Philippines
  • Poland
  • Portugal 
  • Qatar
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Singapore
  • Slovakia
  • South Africa 
  • South Korea
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Taiwan
  • Thailand
  • United Arab Emirates
  • US
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, tried to put the listing through several times, trying different options. Finally found something that works for me and the buyer.

Some of the listings have shipping to Italy and others do not, and also reference to Global shipping.

All listings had Global Shipping enabled. Problem is Italy disappears from the list above a certain value.

It seems to me that you have two different listings, and relisting just repeats the omissions.

Was trying different options via best offer.

It seems to me that it is up to you to add Italy as a Country you ship to. If Italy was on either of the two 99p listings you should have edited that listing once live.

Italy WAS there at 99p. Disappears above the limit.

Do you really think Economy shipping/posting is a good idea for something worth £5000, if lost or damaged, any claim would not be settled in full.

Original listing was set to start at 99p. Had no idea it was going to go this high. I'm happy to absorb the additional cost of insurance.

Despite what the site says, it's NOT £5000 + postage but rather £5000 including the domestic shipping AND the international shipping. If I was to list it with a buy it now of £4750 + £20 Domestic + Approx £200 International, it's fine and will let the buyer checkout.

What's really annoying is it's taken me & the buyer several days and multiple calls to Ebay to figure this out. Really frustrating 😞

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent