Full refund not received

I have only received part of my refund but all goods have been returned to the seller. Order no 27-11331-49590

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Full refund not received

plum993
Experienced Mentor

What reason did you give to return the goods?

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Full refund not received

Did you return through a return case, and if so what sort of return ( Not as described or change of mind) and who paid the return postage, you or the seller?

Not as described covers missing parts, broken etc. in other words something not as ordered.

Change of mind covers, just that, don't like, does not fit (but size received as described in the ad,) etc., in which case you pay return postage.

I would mention that we are members like you, the order number means nothing to us, only item number might help, if only to see what you bought.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Full refund not received

Yes I did a return request and got a label to print but when I took this to the post office they said the label did not cover postage so I ended up paying £14.95. The return was delivered to them by parcel force and I have a picture.  The reason for return was given as "not suitable". It was border edging and was not deep enough for our border.  The order was in two parts but I have only received £25.46 from a £88.68 order.  The order came in ONE box and was returned in the same box on 11th April.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Full refund not received

A business seller can part refund for the reason you decided to return the items "Not suitable" which is the same as a change of mind return, so doesn't equate to not as described to warrant a full refund I'm afraid.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Full refund not received

@plum993 wrote:

A business seller can part refund for the reason you decided to return the items "Not suitable" which is the same as a change of mind return, so doesn't equate to not as described to warrant a full refund I'm afraid.

I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense. They obviously accept returns and why would they only part refund when the order is all of the same thing.  I could understand if it was too different items.  Why would I not be advised that they don't accept returns when I did the return request.  How do I escalate this with eBay as I am finding this totally ridiculous.  

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Full refund not received

If it was 2 orders, even if delivered in 1 box, you should have opened 2 cases.

Also, standard returns label is RM 2kg, so you should have contacted ebay CS to get different label,

seller is not liable to refund your return postage.

Read up on MBG for next time.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee?id=4...

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Full refund not received

I agree,  you sholuld have received a full refund , if the item was sent back in the same condition as sent out.

This will bring you to eBay Customer Services,  though I do recommend contacting them very first thing in the morning when the lines first open,  at 8 a.m. on weekdays, as there's more chance of Dublin answering.

To Contact Customer Services it's a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back. Click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On the left sidebar you can see Have us Call you or Chat with Our Automated Assistant.

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 .m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

This link can allso explain the appeal process:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/manging-returns-refunds/appeal-eBays-decision-return-missing-ite...

@babsers232 

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent