Forced to offer expensive ebay shipping?

I'm listing a pair of shoes and cannot find the option to offer free shipping or other standard options I am familiar with. My listing offers 'eBay shipping' at £8.75 or something and mentions some 'authenticity guarantee' which I am indifferent about. How can I add royal mail tracked 48 or free shipping as I don't want to charge £8.75?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You may feel indifferent about the authenticity guarantee but it is automatically added by Ebay when  you sell expensive, branded trainers.

It gives you and the buyer protection.  If they decide to return the shoes, they have to be sent back via the authentication centre so you know you will get the item you sold back.

You can't change the postage but you can reduce the price of the shoes if you want to make the cost more competitive.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

papso22
Experienced Mentor

See here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/selling-tools/ebay-authenticity-guarantee?id=4644&st=3&pos=1&que...

"Shipping sneakers with Authenticity Guarantee:

UK buyers pay a flat £8.95 eBay postage fee when purchasing sneakers that qualify for Authenticity Guarantee. We'll then send sellers a pre-paid DPS postage label so they can post the sneakers to the authentication centre, free of charge. If you have a buyer with a multi-quantity order for the same item and are unable to print enough shipping labels through your eBay account, please contact our customer support so we can assist."

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Yopu don't have much choice here.

Taken from eBay's guidance page for their authenticity guarantee:

UK buyers pay a flat £8.95 eBay postage fee when purchasing sneakers that qualify for Authenticity Guarantee. We'll then send sellers a pre-paid DPS postage label so they can post the sneakers to the authentication centre, free of charge.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

You may feel indifferent about the authenticity guarantee but it is automatically added by Ebay when  you sell expensive, branded trainers.

It gives you and the buyer protection.  If they decide to return the shoes, they have to be sent back via the authentication centre so you know you will get the item you sold back.

You can't change the postage but you can reduce the price of the shoes if you want to make the cost more competitive.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Lucky me - and they said it was free! However I guess it does stop dishonest buyers from returning junk and keeping your item - as happened to me some years ago on here with silver coins. Thanks to all above. At least I know I didn't make an error in my listing.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent