Fees have been taken and money paid to me, but I need to refund. Sorry for long post!

I sold an item, auction started at £25 and ended at £51. For collection only, but a few people messaged to ask me to post it. It is about 6kg packed and I found a Royal Mail or Evri 48 hours. Offered to post for about £9/10 Buyer asked about postage I said I would get a price. They then paid before I confirmed or added postage. I sent separate invoice  for £10. They sent a muddled message that they 'couldn't see invoice and were very stressed" they asked for my bank details and I explained that I don't give these out online. I then decided I would just send it anyway, but when I went to bubblewrap it I found a small bit missing! It isn't crucial and I have contacted the manufacturer; they can supply another for £8.95. I kept messaging telling them a bit is missing, but my husband has made a temporary bit and that I'm trying to get a replacement. I kept offering them a full refund. Finally, after days and many unanswered messages they have replied with a very muddled email that includes "think this is a scam, don't you?" and l replied "would you like a full refund?" They have said yes, but how do I refund now that it is showing ready for payout? Also, £7+ fees.  I don't sell much, but buy loads and have 100% feedback going back years. Any help appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Fees have been taken and money paid to me, but I need to refund. Sorry for long post!

Cancel the sale using "Buyer's request". You will receive your fees back and ebay will process the refund from your bank account. The money being held will eventually work its way to your bankbut the refund will already have been paid.

Yu could relist it once you have sorted a solution to the broken piece, and add a postage option onto it if you are OK about posting.

******************************************************************************************