Feed back

I no longer give feedback. I gave a true feedback about a seller who was very very rude and personal in his communication. What I said was 100% correct but he contacted eBay and got my post removed so if a seller can do that what is the point . It then is not a true reflection of the product or seller. 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Feed back

plum993
Experienced Mentor

The point is, it is what you say and how you reply in feedback,so it doesn't get removed for any feedback policy that counts

https://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/private/feedback#rules

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Feed back

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

As said there's rules.

for example, the last neg you left that's still there also breaks the rules [contacted eBay and got my money back] and could have been removed.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Feed back

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

I no longer give feedback.

Getting into a huff and not leaving feedback doesnt punish eBay. It just denies good sellers the chance to build the reputation they deserve, and leaves buyers with no way of knowing whether a seller is trustworthy. Without feedback, buying from strangers online would be impossibly risky.

eBay has arcane (and hard to find!) rules about what can't be said. Keep it simple, whether it was a good or a bad experience, and don't mention eBay. That way it won't be removed.

Ever since eBay removed the limit on feedback comments some buyers try to say so much that they end up having the whole feedback removed because something they said wasn't allowed.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Feed back

There are links to report sellers, and feedback is not the way. 

As a buyer not leaving feedback will not do you any good, there are many sellers like me who do not leave feedback until buyer leaves first.

This is sensible as sellers who leave fb just because a buyer has paid, cannot remove it if buyer turns into the buyer from hell.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent