Fed up with looking at an item and seeing "Doesn't post to Isle of Wight".

As Subject, but why? Even on the smallest item, the buyer "Doesn't post to Isle of Wight". The postage is exactly the same as if they sent it to Nottingham, Cornwall or Southampton. The Isle of Wight should not be lumped in with other offshore islands such as Jersey. Trying to contact Ebay as always is hopeless, so if anyone sees this and is able to alter the software, please do so

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

If seller uses couriers, it is likely that they charge more to cross the water, as for all offshore

islands.

Sellers set where they will post to, not ebay. They may not even be aware that IOW is blocked.

Ebay is not going to change anything, if IOW can be blocked, then it is for a reason.

If you want to buy from a seller with this restriction, contact them to see if they will use Royal Mail and what will it cost.

This is shat sellers can choose from, as said previously it is up to sellers to use a bit of commonsense.

Excluded location

2 eligible listings
Domestic
Domestic
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

It's bizarre isn't it, and I hope a fellow  friend, and great mentor here based in the IOW will read this, and groan too.

I believe it's set up this way,  as it's an American site,  and presumably anything not on ' UK mainland' is to be classed as optional for sellers to post to as it's umm, ' overseas'.

Clubbed together with a seller not knowing that posting to the Isle of Wight is the same cost as posting to your next door neighbour, and you have the Perfect Storm!

I feel your pain and annoyance !

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent