Faulty goods

I bought via business seller a pair of wellington boots last August. They have now split. I contacted the seller on 27 March, sent them photos and asked for directions re return/refund. They said would speak to the manufacturer. I have chased twice and each time have received same response of checking with manufacturer. 
I can't find how else I can deal with this now so asking for advice. 
All messages have been polite on both sides but I have now said as no resolution after more than 3 weeks that I will take it further. 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Faulty goods

You cannot report this to eBay as they do not offer warranties or guarantees on items, just that they are just as described on receipt.  If they are not,  a buyer has 30 days under eBay's 30 day MBG,  Money Back Guarantee policy,  to return the item for a full refund.

Was it purchased from a registered UK business, who offered a guarantee and is now not upholding this,  then turn to Citizens Advice for your next steps,  if you wish to take this further. 

I fear it's even too late to claim with your payment provider,  who perhaps would not refund anyway as the item has been / could have been in use for 8 months.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Faulty goods

For most purchases, you would expect to have some consumer rights for at least 6 months.

However, after 6 months, unless you buy goods with an extended, written guarantee, you are usually out of time to claim a replacement, repair or refund.

Although you wish to take this further, I am not sure exactly what you will be able to do.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent