Ebay Buyer Protection denied.

Bought a pair of Nike Air Max 95 for my son on 22/02/24..they were brand new and boxed.

He wore them on week ends for  few weeks ..during easter holidays he wore them daily and you could see  trainers begun falling apart...

Contacted seller on 06/04/24 to request a return ,but he refused (over 30 days )

Opened a case with ebay ,minutes later the case was also closed.

I have neven seen a brand new nike  trainers showing such defects after just few weeks of use.

The seller has few neg feedbacks linked to selling fakes.

I bought the same product in the same week from another seller for my other son and no issue .

I am sorry but Ebay has to reconsider its decision to close my return request,I cant lose £84 in this way..

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Ebay give you 30 days only to start a return case for faulty items.

After that, it is between you and the seller.

If you feel the items were not fit for purpose, you can contact your payment provider or see what Citizens Advice suggest.

Ebay cannot extend its 30 day return 'rule' for an individual case - that would be breaking the terms and conditions in their user agreement.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

I have neven seen a brand new nike trainers showing such defects after just few weeks of use.

Get them checked by a Nike dealership. If they're fake it may be easier to get a refund than if they were just faulty.

If you paid by Paypal their 180 day buyer protection policy should cover them if they're fake (but won't if they just developed faults in use). Ditto if they're fake it may be easier to get your credit or debit card issuer to take action, if that's how you paid.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent