Disgusted at eBay's response to buyers lies on my feedback

I have been advertising, via auction, coins to include new silver one ounce Brittanias. Up to now, buyers have been purchasing and giving positive feedback in every case. I now have had negative feedback from a buyer which has distroyed my reputation as an honest and fair seller. I requested that this negative feedback is removed and eBay have refused to remove it sighting that 'it did not breach any eBay conditions'. I proved via eBay's own messaging system that the buyer was stating lies, but that seems okay in eBays opinion. Apologies to any or all of my previous customers, but I will no longer be using eBay as a selling platform.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

plum993
Experienced Mentor

You don't say if the buyer opened a case to return the coin.

If you can resolve the buyers issue politely,then they may agree to revise the feedback for you if you were to send a feedback revison request.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Hi plum993, offering the buyer a full refund was the first thing I did. He was then offered a further refund later in the exchange. He decided to keep the coin, which speaks for itself, but still had to have a swipe at me via negative feedback. He insisted that I never confirmed the coin to be genuine silver, but I had clearly stated that in one of my responses to him. He seems just like the sort of buyer that eBay could do without.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

All sellers will come across buyers who don't comply,and it's a case of grit your teeth and carry on.

Ebay have changed the way feedback is now viewed,so no longer show "recent" feedback unless you change it to most relevant which is now the default,so it won't be so noticeable.

However,if you list anything else,don't leave the "condition" option empty,and list as genuine if they are,and say if there not to save andy confusion.😉

Place the buyer on your blocked bidder list here,https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/BuyerBlock?

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent