Dangerous product and refused a refund

I have made several attempts to get a refund for a cooker that was went from being unsafe to leave as the temperature gauge was not correct to it going from extremely hot and burning food to switching off completely. I've had several conversations with seller who has made some small percentage off of price. I have been refused a return. I have been refused an appeal. I now have a cooker I cannot use. I'm angry as it is dangerous. I have videos to prove how faulty it is. Can anyone get eBay to listen partly for refund and to take dangerous electrical items off of ebay

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

The time of purchase is important here.

Are you still within 30 days of the item's last estimated date for delivery,  then you can claim a full refund under eBay's 30 day MBG,  Money Back Guaranete policy.

Read this policy it's on every listing,  right hand side just above the item specifics, follow instructions there to open a case for item not as described.

Depending on when you bought this item,  if over the 30 day timeline,  eBay do not offer warranties and guarantees past this timeframe,  you may be able to turn to your payment provider for help with your refund.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Sounds as though you bought from a private seller and you then opened the wrong sort of return.

A private seller only has to accept Not as described returns, which covers faults, missing parts etc., but you only get one chance, so if you opened just a return, which is classed as a change of mind, then that is it as far as ebay is concerned. Their 30 day money back guarantee is not a legal requirement, and any case opened with ebay has to comply with the conditions.

As tressygirl says you will have to try your payment provider.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent