Contact Seller Fails after Buy It Now

Having had previous message exchanges with a seller about an item,  I then proceeded to 'Buy It Now'.

When I click contact seller to arrange collection i now get a popup box saying.

Screenshot_20240418_212204_eBay.jpg

 Clicking ReadMore just repeats the 'Send Mesage Failed message.

Please dont suggest , reboot , toggle wifi , close app and restart or any other things like that, as I've already done that. Plus phone and Internet are working just fine.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

You are only allowed a certain number of messages, and as your account appears from fb to have been inactive your allowance may be low.

All Ican suggest is try again later. I do not understand why the date shows as 4th July 2023.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Thanks.If that's the case it's a bit of a problem , especially as I bought the item and now can't speak to the seller !!Sent from my Galaxy
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

The ebay app is full of bugs so,best scrap the app and try a browser on your phone for ebay instead,if you don't have the use of a PC.

I would conclude you have reached your message llimit for the day as John says, if you have repeatedly messaged a seller.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Just a thought, have you paid, or was it cash on collection? Has any communication from ebay given sellers phone number?

You could try this, enter the seller's ID and on the page that appears use the contact link, may fool the machine going through a different link.

https://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback-login.html

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent