Company has live listing but are no longer trading

I bought an item and have subsequently found out the business is no longer around. I then see their feedback has been inactive for last 6 months, also on google it indicates the company is "Permanently Closed" I raised this as a report with eBay, who got back to me and said there is no violation and case is closed. I have messaged the owner of the company through eBay,  where thre is still no response. The company still has listings live on eBay. As it stands I'm £300 out of pocket and the item is still not marked as dispatched.  I know the owners name and he has mysteriously disappeared from the motorbike forum he was on. I think it tells its own story, but how eBay are not looking into this deeper is beyond me. 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Have you opened an 'item not received' case?

If you are past the latest expected delivery date, but within 30 days, you should open a case.  Ebay will ensure you get a full refund.

Leave negative feedback.

Other buyers will soon work out that this seller is defunct even if Ebay are slow to act.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

plum993
Experienced Mentor

If you can no longer make a claim via ebay as you only 30 days to raise a case for a refund using the money back guarantee,then look at contacting your payment provider,if you paid by card who can start  a section 75 chargeback

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

eBay says if I haven't received the item by 10th June, then open a case as "item has not arrived" But 10th June is more than 30 days from time of purchase. It won't let me open a case as it says I have to wait until 10th June.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

A couple of questions.

What is the item number?

What is the latest estimated delivery date?

When you paid, you will have received an email confirming your purchase and giving a range of estimated delivery dates.  You can't open an 'item not received case' until one day after the latest EDD.  You have to open it within 30 days of the latest EDD, not the purchase date.

Is the seller in China or are they on holiday/time away?

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent