Classified advert

I have a classic car for sale. A buyer offered the lowest 'buy' price.....didn't pay but now I can't get the advert to go back on without paying again?

I have time left on it 30 day advert)

How can I sort this as ebay are NO help whatsoever.....

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Classified advert

That is correct I'm afraid,   if a buyer buys but doesn't then pay, change their mind about the purchase,  the Classifed ad has to be paid again to relist it,   listing fees are non refundable,  and payable sale or no sale.

It's the same if you listed your car in your local paper, and the car didn't sell,  the paper would not refund you,  your advertising fee.

What you could do,  is to add those listing fees onto the starting price of the car when relisting.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Classified advert

You should not end a classified ad until you are paid, that is how it is supposed to work,then you have no need to relist because of a non payer.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Classified advert

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Best to add this non payer to your blocked bidder list in the link,using the other requirements to,as you can't cancel a classified add transaction,https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/BuyerBlock?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/setting-buyer-requirements?i...

If you use the classified add format to sell the car again,best not use the best offer option.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Classified advert

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Did you end the advert or did it end automatically when you accepted the offer?

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Classified advert

Vehicle listings are never free and are charged on  each listing/relisting ...  Classified Ads. at £19.99 will allow the exchange of contact details for viewing and price negotiation over a 30 day period ... set your Start price at or near the price that you would find acceptable ... avoid Offers as once accepted, the sale process stopand may never complete ... just continue to Negotiate an acceptable selling price and only remove the Ad. when you have a definite buyer with Cash in hand or Bank Transfer is safely deposited/confirmed before handing over Vehicle keys/documents on buyer collection. No further FVF selling fee is charged ...  PayPal payments should not be accepted .... CASH is safest >

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent