Charged for international posatge incorrectly

I've been charged 40p for international postage when my item is going to Staffordshire. (see attached)

I can see that the buyer is registered in Australia, but his postal address is England.

Ebay have stated that the charge is because the item is being sent internationally.

Can someone please clarify?

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your buyer is overseas, the Litchfield address is the Global Shipping hub.  There will therefore be international fees because the buyer, and ultimate delivery address, are not in the UK. 

You have been correctly charged. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

If buyer is registered overseas, or using an oversesa address, then VAT is payable, or in this case a Tax that would be payable to the Australian Tax  Man.

I cannot see any items sold, but whatever the item, the charge is nothing to do with postage.

I see that it is Evri, sorry but I have no idea of the workings of Evri, logic says thst delivery within the UK should be charged as a UK delivery, it is then up to the delivery agent how they ship to Australia..

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

International sales have an extra International fee charged when the delivery address for the item (entered by the buyer during checkout) is outside the UK ,the rates vary from 1.6%-2.4% you can see details here 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/fees-private-sellers?id=4822 scroll down to international fee section.

You are using eBay Global Shipping so only have to prove delivery to Lichfield then Pitney Bowes (eBay delivery partner) send to the buyer and accept all responsibility for loss or damage

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Hi

Thanks for your answer. I've attached a screenshot that clearly shoes that I've been charged 40p for international postage. My last attachment demonstrated that irrspective of where the buyer is registered, his postal address is Staffordshire, UK. I just need to understand why I'm being charged for international postage. I'm not bothered about losing the 40p, but it's a matter of principal. John M

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Your buyer is overseas, the Litchfield address is the Global Shipping hub.  There will therefore be international fees because the buyer, and ultimate delivery address, are not in the UK. 

You have been correctly charged. 

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

There will therefore be international fees because the buyer, and ultimate delivery address, are not in the UK.

As explained in eBay's guidance on global shipping:

• Standard eBay fees (including the international fee for sellers) will apply to transactions under the Global Shipping Programme

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Ooops. Thanks for explaining. Nice concise answer. John M

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent