Changes to search facilities

Options on search in Motors, Motorcycles, Cars, Classic cars have changed for the worse over the last few days, unable to even opt for the most basic parameters such as nearest first or put a price limit on the vehicles, this is beyond a joke when cars alone have iro 300,000 listings, motorcycles usually about 40,000 to search through all of these is nigh on impossible to find something that might take my fancy, it will only work now if you  type in exactly what you're looking for no good for browsing and discovering, fed up with ebay on this as it will make it difficult to sell too as others will face this problem on searching, so if ebay is now useless for buying or selling what is the point of it.

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

You are not alone,  so many reports coming through here, but all we can do here,  being members like yourself,  is listen,  sympathise and agree that this new change, is not one of any improvement.

All I can suggest is,  top right on the Watch List page is a link ' What do you think'.    Leave some feedback there about these changes. 

Maybe,  just maybe if everyone did,  eBay may just listen,   and change it back to the perfectly workable format it was in before.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

I don't have the " what do you think " link for some reason, I'm on a MacBook if that makes a difference, I did however have a " feedback " link pop up on the right half way down the page while trying to do a search, I left this feedback so hope they actually read and take note,

" Now that the options from searches have been removed the experience of looking for a new car or motorcycle has become horrible, even basic options such as nearest first or creating a price range has gone, looking through 300,000 cars for sale is an impossible task to find something that's not too far away or expensive, this will be bad for sellers too, Autotrader and Marketplace are looking like a better option now, unless you know exactly what you are looking for Ebay is now a waste of time. "

Basically from my point of view trying to search for vehicle on Ebay is now a waste of time, literally, I was about to list 4 vehicles on here this weekend but now don't see the point as the changes in searches will make it difficult to find buyers unless they are specifically looking for a certain vehicle and type its details in the search bar,mEbay will loose customers and sales and with 300,000 plus of vehicles listed that going to be a lot of unhappy buyers and sellers, that's a lot of customers ebay will potentially loose.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Yes, it can be the device you are using,   but Leave Feedback works too.

As said you are not alone,  daily reports are coming through from rightly disgruntled members,  it's just such a shame eBay do not venture here to read any posts.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

It defies logic to restrict the search options, it is a shame as you said ebay don't look at the community pages, they could learn a lot from reading the posts on here, they should also be paying you for your time helping people sort out the problems that ebay create, sad to think for some like myself what we have on our watch list now may be the last things we get to buy on here once those listings end, on that note I think ebay have shot themselves in the foot on this issue

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

I cannot disagree with any of the points  you make above !

Some changes,  are just not for the better !

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Looks like a result here, been on just now and all the search options have been restored, I did notice that motorcycle listing seemed to be about the same number as before but car listings are down by quite a significant margin, car listings had engine size options removed a few months ago and that still remains which is a shame but lets hope they leave it all alone now

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Excellent news.

Let's hope that long awaited and promised fix has been made, for one and all  !

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent