Case on hold

Hi, I am trying to return a pair of shoes as the seller has sent the wrong size. They would not accept this despite photos etc so I asked eBay to step in and opened a case. I have now received a message from eBay saying the case is on hold for five days to give the buyer extra time to provide a return label or funds for me to return it. It has been a couple of days and absolutely no contact from the buyer. What will happen after the five days if the seller still hasn't sent a label? I don't know what to do. 

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Case on hold

What reason did you use for opening the return case?

The reason you chose is key to what might happen next.  Was it a private seller or a business?

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Case on hold

I used item not as described as they are not a size 6.5 as stated. 

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Case on hold

If you don't get a label from the seller, after the 5 days Ebay have given the seller, you will be able to go back to the case and ask Ebay to step in.

They will then either provide a label and charge the seller for it or, sometimes, they will refund you without you needing to return the item.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Case on hold

That's good, that means the money back guarantee applies and if the seller does not provide a paid for returns label within the stated time, you will be able to ask ebay to step in and probably get a refund without actually returning the item.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Case on hold

I used not as described and I am pretty certain they are a business 

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Case on hold

Okay thank you 

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Case on hold

That's great. Thank you. I can not understand the seller. I have sent them photos! 

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Case on hold

I suspect your seller is overseas hence why eBay have added a few more days to the case. Don't worry you are protected if after the five days you should be able to escalate the case.

just one thing to bear in mind where was the item shipped from eg uk or did it come from overseas? If shipped from uk it must go back to a uk address. If your seller provides a label for say china, but it came from London then you may need to speak to customer services. Let's hope it doesn't come to that, however if it does pop back here and one of us will guide you.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent