Buyer has changed mind after posting

I sold a text book and was listed as £4 postage with the Royal Mail. The postage was actually over £12 so I decided to post with EVRI instead which was £7. Either way, I was out of pocket.  I messaged them straight away explaining the situation and gave them the tracking number. 
A day later, they have come back to me and said this is unacceptable, I have broken the contract and they would like a refund. They claim that they work at sea and will not be home. They also said the Royal Mail hold their items for three weeks until he returns. I have told them that I would refund if they send the book back. They replied saying not my problem. How do I move forward with this? I have sent the message on to eBay as I believe this may be a possible scam.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

redwick1
Experienced Mentor

Make sure the tracking is on the item in your Sold section

If it arrives and says Delivered or attempted delivery then you would win any not recieved dispute.

If the seller wants to return once they receive it then you wait until they request a REturn.

You have No returns accepted so could refuse. The would not be able to open another disptue once one is close.

They may not be honest and open a Not as described dispute where you have to send the return label

if they do that then you would have to follow the dispte

Dont do any thing and certainly do not refund them until it is done through a dispute.

All problems are through a dispute.

We are just ordinary members trying to help.
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Hi 

Yes, the tracking is included. I will wait and see what happens. I've been doing eBay for 22 years and the second issue I've had.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent