Buyer Feedback

Buyer purchased an item, but after a week hadn't paid. I was surprised that they had a 100% feedback, so initially thought they might have a problem. However, having read the comments, all with positive feedback, the majority of the comments state the buyer never pays and never gets in touch - how can Ebay allow this to happen? I've obviously offered the item to the next highest bidder, but feel I should somehow raise the issue with Ebay as this buyer and probably others will continue to do this to other sellers and simply raise their feedback positive numbers higher and higher!.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Buyer Feedback

Yes you can raise this to eBay and give the buyer a deserved non payment strike this way.

eBay allow a buyer 4 business working days to pay you, they also send the buyer a reminder after 48 hours to pay.

Then, if there is still no payment when this time lapses, proceed this way.

On My eBay Selling go right of the item sold and from More Actions select Cancel this Order selecting the reason .... Buyer Has Not Paid.

If you are on the Seller Hub, go to your Payments tab near the top of your eBay homepage, from there select All transactions. Click on the highlighted item number go far right and from the big blue button down menu there, select Cancel this Order as above.

This gives the buyer an unpaid item strike, they are only allowed one.  It also refunds your seller fees.

If they keep gaining these strikes, eBay will remove them permanently, from their site.

Cases are very effective.

Aside from returning your seller fees it's always advisable to do this,  to finalise that transaction before relisting,  because you could just have a very late payer,  then you could easily end up with two buyers,  one item,  and one big headache.

@cavendish1866 

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Buyer Feedback

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

adding to the advice already given -

"how can Ebay allow this to happen?" 

eBay mdon't and the sellers leaving false positives are breaking the rules.

however the green dot indicates that those sellers found not getting paid a positive experience - so they are 'happy', the buyer is happy and eBay got their fees, why should eBay bother if the sellers are not bothered?

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Buyer Feedback

There is a question in this forum this morning from a member who has received two non-payment strikes and now can't bid on items.

If all sellers used the proper procedure, non-paying bidders would become a thing of the past.

You can set up your account to automatically cancel items that have not been paid for after 4 days.

You should set up your preferneces to block bidders with two or more non-payment strikes.

It is all easy to find using 'Help & contact' top left of your Ebay page. details here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137&st=3&pos=1&qu...

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent