Account Restriction no explanation withholding funds

So I was asked to provide photo ID to eBay and because my name on my passport was my full name Christopher and my name is Chris on eBay they restriced the account. I was told to wait 24 hours, nothing then called again was told it was 48 hours, next day nothing then again 72 hours, 5 days and so on. Now I get this ridiculous email from them saying my account is restricted can not appeal can not with draw funds, not giving you a reason. This is BS!  check out this email! 

Hello Chris,

Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Service. My name is Saurav and I'll be supporting you today.

I understand that you would like an update on your account as you had uploaded the requested documents. I apologize for the previous responses as it didn't provide a satisfactory update on your account status. Rest assured; I'll do my best to provide a complete explanation.

Chris, I've reviewed your account and I see that my colleagues had escalated your account to our specialized team for a manual review. Our team has shared that they are currently unable to remove the restriction from your account until further notice. You do not need to share any documents, however the restriction placed on your account can not be appealed at this time.

In addition to this, we are unable to disburse the funds currently available in your account and you'll not be able to close your account. You'll receive an email should there be any updates on this.

I understand that this may not be the kind of resolution you were looking for. I do appreciate your understanding and patience with me.

Kind regards,

Saurav K.

eBay Customer Service

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Account Restriction no explanation withholding funds

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Accounts do get restricted and it can be hard to find out exactly why,as ebay won't discuss reasons once they decide you can't appeal etc.

Your funds can be held for 180 days I'm afraid.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent