A mutually agreed cancellation - eBay won't allow cancellation

I bid on a water pump and won the bid.

Unfortunately I didn't spot it was collection only (200 mile round trip)

I contacted the seller he agreed and told me to retract the order. I tried but was out of time

I got back to him and he told me to cancel the order. I tried but was out of time

I followed the instructions on the automated contact service it doesn't list the item although it is in my purchases and wont accept the order number put in manually

Cant contact a human for support just keep getting messages from ebay to pay

Can anyone help please?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Ask the seller to send you a cancellation request with the reason ...   Buyer Requests to Cancel.

Explain to them this will fully refund their seller fees paid,  and it won't affect their seller performance.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Seller just goes to drop down menu and cancels the sale. Buyers cannot cancel a sale, thry can only ask the seller to do this.

Doing it properly and seller gets a full refund of selling fees and fixed 30p fee.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

he told me to cancel the order.

You can't cancel an order in eBay. Only the seller can - you can ask, but they don't have to agree.

As has been said, send the seller a cancellation request through eBay, if you haven't done so already. See:  https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/cancelling-order/cancel-order?id=4004&st=12&pos=1&query=Cancel%20...

This is your best hope of avoiding the situation where the seller cancels the sale because you haven't paid. This would result in you receiving an unpaid item strike from eBay. Strikes remain on your account for a year, and if you were to receive a second one most sellers would automatically block you from bidding.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent