increase of people declare as not describe to get it for free

Due to the cost of living i am having more people buying and making up things to say it is not as described. Are you having the same experience?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Get them to return it, and only once its back and in the condition you sent it you refund them

I had one person moan at me there was a "broken thred on the inside of a dress" turns out her entire feedback left for others was "there was an issue but partially refunded so very pleased now" so I thought " oh no you're not getting a nice expensive dress from me like that madam!" And told her to return it, and once it was back and in the condition I sent it then I would refund. Not a word since. Might be worth videoing you opening any returns too, I once got an empty tiny letter bag back when it was meant to be a duvet! 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Get them to return it, and only once its back and in the condition you sent it you refund them

I had one person moan at me there was a "broken thred on the inside of a dress" turns out her entire feedback left for others was "there was an issue but partially refunded so very pleased now" so I thought " oh no you're not getting a nice expensive dress from me like that madam!" And told her to return it, and once it was back and in the condition I sent it then I would refund. Not a word since. Might be worth videoing you opening any returns too, I once got an empty tiny letter bag back when it was meant to be a duvet! 

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Yes - I've had a vintage t-shirt queried and offered a discount, before then saying that they could have the item for free as it wasn't commercially viable to return it to me for resale- and got not a word of thanks for it - and currently have someone claiming a vintage item that is nearly 50 years old - a sheepskin jacket 'smells funny' and that 'is incorrectly sized' (its label is clearly intact and visible). They appear to want me to pay for the item to be professionally cleaned! Despite the listing making clear it's very much a vintage item. It does seem like people are literally 'trying it on' with their Ebay purchases - and trying to find errors or open interpretations to descriptions so that they can use the Ebay guarantee to secure items either at a substantial discount or for free. I've had at least 2 instances where Ebay has allowed a buyer to keep the item and then processed the refund without them returning it to me - which in my book is tantamount to theft!

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Selling clothing items is one of the many categories that are often fraught with problems.

Some buyers use the MBG as an excuse to use the site as a hire shop.

Come back in January to see all the posts from sellers posting about returns requests ,it happens every year.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent