Buyer Claims item not received but Royal Mail confirm Delivery

Hello

Hope some one can help me on here I have sold an smartphone on eBay and have used the eBay packlink Royal Mail service to print the postage label,
The buyer claimed item not received And opened a case so I called Royal Mail an they did confirm the delivery and after an investigation sent Me email confirming delivery And a GPS stamp on the parcel on the buyers street, however eBay closed the case in buyers favour as the the tracking number came back as invalid, the service I used was 2nd class tracked (not signed for ) although a tracking number is provided this is coming back as invalid as it’s an partial tracking which can only be viewed internally by Royal Mail.
I have provide eBay with the Copy of the Royal Mail email email confirming delivery but they are not accepting it as proof of delivery and have asked me to call Royal Mail and ask them to update the tracking number, but when I called Royal Mail they said the tracking is internal and all they can provide is the email hope someone can advise me on what to do next as I have another buyer claiming the same thing and I am sure it has been delivered
Thanks
Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

i am seeing a lot more tracking number i input from my post office receipts are saying invalid on the posted screen.  i think ebay has an issue with some automated updating.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

@c_t_x wrote:
Hello

I used was 2nd class tracked (not signed for ) although a tracking number is provided this is coming back as invalid as it’s an partial tracking which can only be viewed internally by Royal Mail.

eBay stipulate that tracking must view viewable ONLINE. As the tracking method purchased is not viewable online, you will loose a INR case.

“Fairness is decided by an Individual’s Morals, which in themselves may be Unfair.”
Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Hello C_T_X,

Unfortunately, the tracking number must be correct and trackable online.  If not, how can eBay, or yourself, confirm the item has been delivered?  This should be possible without contacting Royal Mail separately.   

It is a difficult position to be in as if you cannot prove otherwise, eBay will favour the buyer in such cases, most times.

Cover yourself by ensuring the tracking number given is valid.

John

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Hi, i use to send nearly everything by royal mail but the less scrupulous people out there know how it works i.e royal mail tracking number next to useless and royal mail never on time so they open a case for non delivery  the items often turn up later and they obviously keep the item and get a refund .

A lot of people will disagree with this but using a courier firm i.e yodel ,evri etc you get a valid updated tracking number and an option to up the protection from the £20 standard ,and for a 2 kilo package its under £3.00 , its coming up to the busiest time of the year and you will need the tracking to show ebay when the inevitable happens as they have no way of knowing whos telling the truth without it , and if you have proof its delivered they will back you up .

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

The best way to stop this in the future, is to enter the tracking number when you mark as dispatched, either a 16 digit code found on your receipt, or on the recorded/special next day delivery receipt. Once entered and showing as delivered, the buyer shouldn`t be able to open a not received claim at all.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

i know i sound like ive got it in for royal mail but i havent i would love them to get it right as i have a post office 200 yds from my house that is so convenient and run by nice people  , but sadly this is another example of royal mail  getting it all wrong , useless tracking which completely undermines a seller , well done royal mail keep up the good work until all them nasty sellers have gone elsewhere

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

also go after royal mail and in your claim put, " service not as described" and claim the money back off them,ebays not in the wrong as there policy on tracking is quite clear and as brutal as it seems it has to be black and white if not its chaos.

Royal mail are your problem and if you jump through there hoops and as a last resort threaten county court action they will roll over and pay you out 

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Ebay alows THEFT on there site and even helps Dishonest Theifs Do it

Latest case 70 pound Refunded to a Theif 

He then goes round and picks the item up  From the Royal Mail

The Tracking Details show all this,,,

Yet EBAY allow the theif to Keep the item and the 70 pound

We have been Loyal yo EBAY for 11 years Now Selling 27,000 + items

We get stolen from most weeks (smaller Sums) 

But 70 Pounds is totally Shocking

EBAY say this is okay and still expect us to Pay there increasing HUGE Fees 

But Even when the Tracking Shows This Thief Picks up the Item

THIS IS HOW BAD EBAY HAS BECOME

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent